Termination of the periodic agreement (without justification) * A tenant may terminate his temporary or periodic rental relationship immediately and without penalty if the tenant or his dependent child suffers domestic violence. A breach of contract by the lessor/intermediary is the non-compliance with its obligations under the lease agreement. Talk to your local rental consulting and advocacy service about the following steps to take. The owner/intermediary may terminate the contract with a period of 90 days without justification. If the landlord requests a termination order, the court must terminate the contract. The notice period depends on the nature of the agreement (temporary or periodic agreement) and the reasons for termination. Landlords or brokers must notify tenants in writing if they wish to list them in a rental database. A customer can only be listed in a database after the lease has expired. Tenants cannot be listed in a database if they are in arrears in paying rent, if they are dismissed or if they do not take care of the property satisfactorily. The tenant must attach the signed declaration to a dismissal for domestic violence and give these documents to his landlord or the landlord`s agent to end his lease.

If a tenant does not owe money to the lessor at the end of his lease and if there is no damage to the property, the deposit paid at the beginning of the lease must be reimbursed in full. To terminate a rental agreement in case of domestic violence, a tenant must provide the following information: For more information on these exceptional reasons, see fact sheet 16: Early termination of the temporary rental agreement. There are a number of rental databases operated in NSW, including TICA, National Tenancy Database and Trading Reference Australia. A social housing provider may terminate a rental agreement for reasons other than those mentioned below. A fixed-term contract is valid for a fixed period (e.g.B. 6 months). A periodic agreement is an agreement in which the fixed term has expired or which does not set a fixed term. The RTA encourages the self-resolution of disputes relating to the termination of agreements that are not considered urgent requests. The parties should try to resolve the dispute themselves by talking to each other and learning about their rights and duties. If they do not reach an agreement, the parties can be assisted by filing a dispute resolution request (Form 16) with the RTA`s Dispute Resolution Service. In the absence of an agreement, the RTA will issue a communication on unresolved disputes. .

. .